2019 Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest 5k Fees
- $25: 09/29/18 – 10/6/18; Get it now, this is the LOWEST it will be all year!
- $30: 10/7/18 – 2/2/19
- $35: 2/3/19 – 5/6/19
- $40: 5/7/19 – 7/8/19
- $45: 7/9/19 – 9/14/19
- $50: 9/15/19 – Race Day
7:30 AM – 9:00 AM: Packet Pick up and Race Day Registration
9:00 AM: Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest 5K Run/Walk Start
Download Course Map
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Rahr Biergarten featuring Rahr craft beers, food, live entertainment and Rahr Oktoberfest zanny contests and games!
10:30 AM: Awards, costume contest
PACKET PICK UP
Friday, September 27, 2019, 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Rahr & Sons Brewing, 701 Galveston Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76104
Additional packet pick up times and locations will be posted as they are confirmed.
Rahr & Sons is bringing a time honored Oktoberfest tradition to the brewery with the traditional Oktoberfest Stein Hoisting Competition. We will randomly select six (6) girls and six (6) guys from the crowd to participate in the competition.
- Steins Up: Participants must hold their stein, with one arm only, perfectly straight out in front of them, parallel to the floor.
- Sipping and Spilling: Once a participant starts to spill, or drops or bends their arm — they're out.
The girl and guy that can hold their stein the longest without spilling will receive a free entry into next year's Rahr Oktoberfest 5K, a $25 gift card to the Rahr & Sons Gift Shop, and get to keep their steins. All other contestants will get to keep their steins as well.
Chrono Track Timing
Disposable timing tags will be used at this event. Age group awards will be determined by tag time.
1st overall and masters finishers in both genders will receive custom beer stein awards. Age group awards will be awarded to the Top 3 finishers in the following age groups: 12 & under, 13-15, 16-20, 21-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
Dress in your Oktoberfest best for the annual Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest 5K costume contest. Winners will be determined on stage and the best dressed lady and guy will win the coveted, commemorative Rahr Oktoberfest hand crafted, ceramicbeerstein!
Top Male and Female winners for the costume competition get to tap the keg!
FAQ and Tips
- We strongly recommend that you come to one of the pre-race packet pick ups and not wait until race day
- A friend or family member can pick up your packet for you, just make sure they have a copy of your registration confirmation
- Arrive earlier than you think you need to on race day
- Parking is on the streets around the brewery and very limited, see above tip for more detail
- Carpool, rideshare or ride your bike to the race as there is very limited parking near the brewery on race day
- Drink responsibly
- Register early to save money (and share the love with your bro’s, friends, and fellow Rahr brew lovers, tell them about the event and early pricing!)
- There are no refunds or deferrals, once you register, you are registered, see next about transferring your registration to someone else
- You can manage your registration including, changing your shirt size, transferring your registration to someone else and more by logging in to runsignup.com and click Profile and My Registered Races. Find your Rahr event and click Manage Registration. From there you can do all types of fun things!
- We offer discounts to running/walking/fitness clubs who will promote the race to its membership database and/or corporate groups and teams of ten of more participants, email us at email@example.com to get started
- Safety of the participants, volunteers, crew, staff, sponsors, heck everyone involved, is paramount, that said this is a rain or shine event
- Kids are welcome
- Strollers are welcome but we ask three things, first, do not put beer in your stroller, second, do not wear headphones and third please start towards the back of the pack
- Dogs or pets of any kind unfortunately are not welcome (we love them too but our insurance does not allow for them)
- Family and friends who are not registered can come along and watch at no cost
- Bring your ID if you plan to have brews
- We do not have a bag check area
- If you win an age group award and didn’t hear it announced on race day or you leave early, we can mail it to you for $15, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment and shipping
- There will be at least one water stop on the race course
- The starting line will only be open for 5 minutes after the official start of the race, if you are late and miss it you will not be allowed to start
- Something we missed or didn’t cover, email us at email@example.com
- Check out social runs, all listed on our facebook page under events here: facebook.com/rahroktoberfest5k
- Oh and run with a smile, this is a party people